14 May 2006
Software I use
Inspired by Alex Bosworth’s list of software he use, here’s mine. I will try to keep this updated as it evolves.
- Windows XP: Runs on my laptops, still required for some software for work.
- Ubuntu: Runs on home server. Would like to use it for the laptop as soon as possible
- Firefox: browser supreme
- Microsoft Office: for work related documents
- OpenOffice: for personal documents (in ODF format)
- PSPad: text editor of choice.
- Subversion: used for storing and versioning all types of files
- Eclipse: Used for all types of Java development. I use it with some plugins. Subclipse: Subversion client, Quantum DB: database administration tool, Mavenide: Used mainly to sync Maven with the Eclipse project.
- µTorrent: excellent BitTorrent client
- foobar2000: lean MP3 player
- GTalk and Trillian: IM clients, still not sure if these are really the best options
- VMWare: for testing and development on other platforms
- Password Safe: for storing all types of passwords in a safe way
- Putty: for SSH access to servers everywhere
- WinSCP: for moving files to remote servers
- wikidpad: for taking notes
- Baretail: excellent GUI tail